An affordable pair of running shoes doesn’t mean compromising on performance for budget-conscious runners. Most major running shoe brands offer reasonably priced options that still deliver top-tier performance, and we’ve rounded up some of the best ones for you.
Top Picks: Running Shoes Under $100
- Best for Beginners: Brooks Trace 3 Running Shoe
- Most Versatile: Brooks Revel 6 Running Shoe
- Best for Speedwork: Brooks Launch 9 Running Shoe
- Best Daily Stability Trainer: Asics GT-1000 12 Running Shoe
- Best Cheap Trail Shoe: Adidas Terrex Soulstride Trail Running Shoe
When we mention “cheap” running shoes, we’re not referring to knock-offs or poorly designed options. Each shoe in this guide is from a reputable brand, and many have undergone our rigorous testing process with great results.
While you may not get the absolute best of everything for $100 or less, these shoes still offer solid performance. They may not have the premium cushioning foams, ultralight uppers, or cutting-edge support technology of top-tier running shoes, but running technology has advanced significantly in recent years. As a result, some budget-friendly options now outperform many shoes from previous decades.