In the realm of moderately-priced basketball shoes, the PUMA Rise Nitro shines as a stellar value for the buck. It’s a versatile choice that caters to different player styles. Through our wear tests, we discovered abundant comfort, cushioning, and support packed into this PUMA model. Plus, its sleek and minimalist design adds to its allure, making it a hoop shoe that demands attention.
Who Should Consider Buying:
We believe the PUMA Rise Nitro is well-suited for players who:
– Typically play indoors on clean courts.
– Prefer a snug, one-to-one fit for their footwear.
– Seek a basketball shoe that complements their modern style.
Who Should Skip It:
However, the PUMA Rise Nitro may not be the best choice for hoopers who enjoy playing on asphalt or other outdoor courts, as the outsole rubber is too soft for such surfaces. In that case, we recommend considering the Jordan Zion 2 instead.
PUMA Rise Nitro: The Full ReviewPUMA Rise Nitro: The Full Review
The Good Way
- Provides excellent impact protection
- Offers a good court feel for enhanced performance
- Delivers a very comfortable step-in feel
- Ensures effective grip on clean courts
- Features a breathable upper for added comfort
- Provides dependable support and lockdown during play
- Utilizes durable materials for long-lasting wear
- Boasts a futuristic look that stands out on the court
- Offers a reasonable price for the value provided
The Bad Way
- Not suitable for outdoor use due to soft outsole
- Outsole may attract dust easily
- Slightly heavier than average for a basketball shoe