For as long as we can remember, the Pegasus has been the go-to choice for a daily trainer. It’s a Nike staple that has accompanied countless runners, including ourselves, through the ups and downs of their running adventures. With its 40th iteration, the shoe received an upper refresh, making it even more comfortable and providing better lockdown. While the updates may seem underwhelming for such a milestone edition, we still believe that this Peg remains a dependable and reliable training companion for just about anyone.
Who Should Consider Buying:
The Nike Pegasus 40 is perfect for:
– Fans of the Pegasus series who didn’t upgrade to the 39.
– Beginners seeking their first road running shoe.
– Runners who want a dependable workhorse in their shoe rotation.
Who Should Skip It:
However, if you’re looking for a daily trainer that will really get your heart racing with excitement, you might want to consider something like the Hoka Clifton 9 instead.
Nike Pegasus 40 ReviewNike Pegasus 40 Review
The Good Way
- Features a plush and comfortable upper
- Offers breathability for added comfort
- Provides a secure lockdown for stability
- Ample toe-box space for natural foot movement
- Strikes a balance between softness and firmness underfoot
- Offers good energy return for an efficient ride
- Provides excellent grip on various surfaces
- Boasts incredible durability for long-lasting wear
- Ideal for everyday miles and long, slow distance runs
The Bad Way
- Tends to have a generally narrow fit
- Slightly heavier compared to the v39 model
- Doesn’t deliver a very memorable ride experience